Mel., Nurse
Experience:  Qualified in 1977,have extensive coronary care & general experience,plus stress related conditions.

Yesterday I woke with pins and needles in my hand and arm and

Yesterday I woke with pins and needles in my hand and arm and my eyes flickering from side to side making me very dizzy.This disappeared but then a few hours later when bending down I went very very dizzy and felt as if my head was going to explode. After a few minutes I was fine although my head feels very stuffy. On bending again later the same thing occurred and I felt nausea. I checked my blood presure which was fine.

I have had this condition before but not for a number of years. I have recently had a cold but also had drank alcohol the night before this happened. I also suffer with my hearing which seems to be worse at present.

Can you advise?
Hello catnap,

It sounds to me as though your sinuses are severely blocked, and the fact that you have recently had a cold tends to back up that theory.

Try decongestants such as Benedryl, or Boots do quite a good one called Sinus Dual relief or another good one is Contac (It used to be called contac 400 but they took the 400 away)

Taht feeling when you bend down I know very well, it feels as though your brains are about to fall out!

I really believe that this is the cause of all of your symptoms even the ears.

I hope this has helped a little.

Please may I ask that if you are happy with my answer, could you be kind enough to click on accept? The reason I ask is that although you have paid your deposit, unless the answer is accepted, we do not get our percentage. Thank you so much.

Love Mel.XX