Dr.Saurabh Joshi
Dr.Saurabh Joshi, Doctor
Experience:  Physician,Neuro and Vascular Interventional Radiologist
8591189

Leg Pain, Serious left leg pain. It has been 4 days since

Customer Question

Leg Pain, Serious left leg pain. It has been 4 days since I took Levitra. Any advice?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.Saurabh Joshi replied 7 years ago.

Have you had a fall / got injured ?

Does this pain increase on exercise / walking ?

Do you notice any change in color of the skin over your legs ?

Do you Diabetes / Heart disease ?

Do you have any other symptoms ?

Regards,

Dr.Joshi
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have Diabetes type 2. No recent injury to leg. No skin discoloration. The pain seems deep inside left leg from pelvis to knee and less pain from knee to ankle.

This can be from a nerve compression, like that of Sciatica.

This is often from a Lumb-Sacral Spondylosis that compresses on the exiting nerve toots as they come out of the spinal cord, and thus the pain in areas supplied by the nerve.

This can also be vascular, due to reduced blood supply to the affected areas that is common in a Diabetic Vasculopathy.

This can also be muscle spasms but that would be more generalized.

I would advise you to see a doctor and have an X ray of your Lumbo Sacral Spine, if a degeneration is noticed then an MRI would be needed to confirm nerve root compression.

I would also have a doctor feel the pulse on your legs to look for blood flow.

Kind Regards,

Dr.Joshi XXXXX click *** ACCEPT *** if you are satisfied, otherwise I do not get paid for my work and JustAnswer holds your Deposit.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have had this reaction to both Cialis and Levitra. I last took Levtra 4 days ago. The left leg has been hurting for 3 of thje last days. My doctor took me off Cialis for a similar problem.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Please alert me if this a serious symptom requiring ER immediate attention.

Please check if you notice any swelling / redness / dark skin over your legs then this will indicate a reduced blood supply that is causing your pains and would need immediate attention.

You can press the nails of your toes to look for the time it takes for then to become pink after removing pressure.

The normal pink color should return immediately after you release the pressure over the nail bed.

If this takes time to come back or remains pale for a long time then this is a Vascular Insufficiency and you should see a doctor in the ER.

Kind Regards,

Dr.Joshi

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is this condition sounding like it is serious to a diabetic (type 2) CONDITION AS WELL? AND IT DOES SEEM TO HAVE ITS ORIGIN WITH THE DRUGS PRESRIBED BOTH CIALIS OR SEPERATELY LEVITRA. . Thia haS BEEN MY EXPERIENCE. My last A1C was 6.0 for the 3 month measure of stability.

This can be a reaction to Levitra, Levitra is known to cause myalgia, that is muscular pain.

If your legs are otherwise normal, nail beds appear pink, then this is a myalgia, that is muscle pain associated with the Levitra.

If you notice any of the signs that I have mentioned in my previous replies, then this would need immediate attention.

Otherwise, this should pass off as the drug levels in your body decrease over time.

Kind Regards,

Dr.Joshi