Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM

I have a little ridge of things that look like tiny skin tags

Customer Question

I have a little ridge of things that look like tiny skin tags that my husband has under his arms. Could it be the same thing? They get very irritated and sore to the touch during intercourse and I need to know if they can be removed.
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 7 years ago.
Duration of symptoms ?
Do you have these skin tags in vaginal area ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, they are between the vagina and the rectum. It is a little line about an inch long of little bumps which some have a tiny bit of length to them. Like loose skin making up tiny bumps, some with fingers but very small. They just get so irritated. I have had them for a couple of years
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 7 years ago.

Doyou any associated constipation?Any relevant medical history (Hemorrhoids)?
Any history of unprotected sex?
Do you have any history of STDs?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Never STDs.. I have had unprotected sex but with very safe men who were tested. I have had hemmoroids after childbirth. Rare constipation.
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 7 years ago.
As such there may be possibility of Vaginal skin tags which can be resulted due to repeated irritation from clothes and during sexual contact and it may become irritated.

Some time skin tags on vagina are caused by changes to the body as the person aged or if the person had put some weight.
You need to be seen by a doctor for further evaluation and management.
As a proper clinical examination is essential in your case to rule out possible cause.

I hope this helps.