Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM
2598649

I have been having mild chest pain on and off for about 2 years.

I have been having mild chest pain on and off for about 2 years. It is a dull achy feeling in the middle of my chest and it sometimes seems to affect my left shoulder area, but in non-specific way. I am 44yrs old. I am about 60lbs overweight and my maternal grandmother died of heart disease.
With the history you describe you need to be seen by a doctor for further evaluation and management .
Further investigations are required in your case like EKG , Echocardiography to rule out ischaemic heart disease .
As such there can be a variety of causes of chest pain like angina, acid reflux, costochondritis etc

I hope this helps
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

It is much worse tonight,...keeping me awake, but not a stabbing pain. Should I go to the ER or wait to see my Dr. in the morning?

You should visit ER for a precautionary EKG examination and blood work like CPK-MB