Nurse Lisa
Nurse Lisa, Nurse
Experience:  Nurse, psychiatry, medsurg, and OB experience
4855672

Ive been having problems with bowel movements for the past

Customer Question

I've been having problems with bowel movements for the past few days. recently when i try to go all i do is push and it hurts all around the inside of my anus. gas will come out but the only solid is white tissue with a red tint, pea sized peices. im trying to determine whether or not to see a doctor about it. it doesn't hurt when i dont need to go i just get the urge to have a bowel movement often.
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Lisa replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing JustAnswer!

I'm sorry you are having such a difficult time. My advice to you would to go to the store and purchase an over the counter stool softener. Make sure it is NOT a laxative but that it is a stool softener and read the instructions on the label. If that isn't successful then you may want to try giving yourself an enema. You can also purchase an over the counter enema kit. Please don't be embarrassed to do try these things because it is very important that you have a bowel movement soon as you don't want a big time backup. I'm pretty positive that you are battling a bad case of constipation and it is not a fun thing to happen. Also, drink plenty of water.
If you can't have a decent bowel movement in one week then you need to consult your physician.

Good luck!

~Lisa~
Nurse Lisa, Nurse
Experience: Nurse, psychiatry, medsurg, and OB experience
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thank you very much i will try the above.
You are very welcome! Please let me know if you need any more help!

Take Care,
Lisa
Nurse Lisa, Nurse
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm still having problems, I've been taking docalax for the last 4 days and bought an enema kit and used that as well, I've tried prunes and have been drinking lots of water. I seem to have one large and hard stool that wont come out. Are there any other options you would suggest or should i see a doctor?