RAJESH  CHAUHAN
RAJESH CHAUHAN, Doctor
Experience:  + 26 yr experience; amongst 'Top 100 Scientists', 'Top 100 Health Professionals', & Who's W

why do i have to wipe so much after i been to the toilet, the

Customer Question

why do i have to wipe so much after i been to the toilet, the stool has gone but there is a Oliy sticky goo left behind. it is like trying to remove melted chocolate or treacle that is stuck to my ass. it seems impossible to clean with just paper so i have to wash the shit off every time i go. this is a serious problem for me, which i`ve had for over 3 years and has taken over my life because i have bowl movement up to 4 times a day. i don`t know what is causing it but i just want it to stop. there is a web site called poop report which displays lots of people suffering with the same problem, it is sugessted that there is to much fat is in the poo causing this, which is a symptom of an illness. please help me.
Category: Health
Expert:  RAJESH CHAUHAN replied 4 years ago.

From the description that you have provided, it seems that you are having a fat mal-absorption which is causing you this problem. Since you also have mentioned passing stools 4 times a day for almost 4 years, you need to discuss this issue with your doctor and take appropriate management. IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) could be a possible cause in your case, although it is basically a diagnosis of exclusion, when all other possible causes have been excluded.

Please get yourself checked up thoroughly by your doctor and you can discuss these issues with him/her, as it could help in arriving at a diagnosis and can thus be appropriately managed.

Best wishes. Please feel free to enquire if you have any remaining concerns or need further information. Please click on the ‘accept' button if you feel that you have been provided with the information that you needed.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
is this curable? or am i stuck with this forever? what can be done about this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i have all ready been diagnosed with ibs and i go to the tolet regualry anyway, but that is not what i was asking about in my question.

other than me sugesting it, why do you think i am having a fat mal absorbtion? what cauases this? what can be done to stop this from happening?

Thanks. Since you have mentioned that you have been diagnosed having IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), and going by the other description that you have provided, you might be having bacterial overgrowth in your intestines, which could be a cause for the fat malabsorption along with the intestinal hurry. But you must get your pancreatric profile also checked up as pancreatic insufficiency and other enzymes necessary for fat metabolism, which could be associated with fat malabsorption. Once the IBS is under control, your problem of fat malabsorption will perhaps stop (or would decrease proportionately).

I am sure your doctors would have advised you about avoiding stress, avoiding large meals, avoid long gaps between meals and don't rush them, avoid alcohol and carbonated drinks, drinking 8 -10 glasses of water daily, increase carbohydrates in diet and decrease fat in the diet. As yet there is no cure for IBS. Please contact your dietician who will be able to guide you to plan your diet which will help you to control and manage your problem, as this is equally important.

Best wishes. Please feel free to enquire if you have any remaining concerns or need further information.