A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

I find an MD in Southern California - possible at UCLA

Where can I find an MD in Southern California - possible at UCLA who uses medical leeches and treats patients with gangreen feet?
Thank you
R. Van der Hoof, Ph.D. (NNN) NNN-NNNN
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 7 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. Dr. Ron Sherman at the University of California - Irvine is an expert in the use of biologicals for wound healing, including the use of leeches and medical maggots (usually a better choice for debridement than leeches).

UC Irvine gets their medical maggots from Monarch Labs. They also maintain a list of practitioners, but they do not publicize it. You can contact them via email for a referral in your area.