hersheydoc
hersheydoc, Doctor
Experience:  Penn State College of Medicine - Physician Eastern Pa
15479760

I pinched my eyeball yesterday while trying to take out my

I pinched my eyeball yesterday while trying to take out my contact. It is still extremely painful and I cannot keep my eye open. What can I do?
Category: Health
Expert:  hersheydoc replied 7 years ago.

Unfortunately I dont think there is much that you can do at home. Eye patches have not been shown to be effective at treating this condition. You can take medication that will help with the pain, anti-inflammatory medication like ibuprofen. What you possibly have a corneal abrasion that can be extremely painful. An eye doctor should look at your eye to confirm this. If that is what they find they can give you eye drops that will treat the possible infection that sometimes goes along with this (they will possibly give antibiotics to prevent an eye infection). Hope that helps.

If you have anymore questions, please feel free to ask.

You should always consult with your physician for the proper diagnosis and treatment.
The above was for educational purposes only and does not confer a doctor-patient privilege or relationship.

Kindly press 'ACCEPT' so I may be paid for my work and advice.
POSITIVE feedback & BONUS are always appreciated.
Follow up questions are welcome.
You should always consult with your physician .