Internist, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified in 2 Specialties, VERIFIED,American, trained and located in United States

I have been diagnoised with both reflux and chronic gastritis . . .

I have been diagnoised with both reflux and chronic gastritis . . . I am on Prilocex (one a day) and have been for months . . . I also take 2 GasX twice a day right now. My symptoms are getting worse (burning in my stomach on and off all day and in the a.m. when awakening). My stool is normal color but "less than usual". Anyway, my doc is out of town until Mon June 8 and I am afraid I will do damage to my stomach between now and then.

What would you suggest?
Category: Health
Expert:  Internist replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

Try the following suggestions for reflux esophagitis and continue on your medications. When your doctor returns to ask him to test you for C. difficile which is a bacteria in the stomach that can cause irritation and may be responsible for your symptoms. If you have that then that can be treated with antibiotics.

*****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for educational purposes only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor or establish a doctor patient relationship.