Dr. S Riaz
Dr. S Riaz, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MS from KGMU, India (one of the best medical colleges in India)

I start getting a cramp in my thigh on the outside aspect

Customer Question

I've started having a problem at night while sleeping. I stir enough to roll over or change positions and I start getting a "cramp" in my thigh on the outside aspect. I question the term cramp as it isn't a typical muscular cramp. It feels as though the muscles in my thigh are being torn apart. Then I have this burning sensation in the thigh for several days. At times it feels as though the thigh is warm to the touch.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
<p>Looks like you are having irritation of nerve endings in the lower part of your back (spinal cord). You will have to go to an orthopedic surgeon for examination.</p><p> </p><p>Please, click the ACCEPT button so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a positive feedback will be appreciated</p>