Internist, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified in 2 Specialties, VERIFIED,American, trained and located in United States

I have constant abdominal gurgling sounds, ideas

Customer Question

I have constant abdominal gurgling sounds, ideas?
Category: Health
Expert:  Internist replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

Gurgling sounds in the abdomen are simply the result of the contractions of your small intestine as food and liquids pass. The sounds may be more noticeable because you may have even something different or you may have more gas than usual. This is normal and is not something to be concerned about unless you have pain or other symptoms.

*****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for educational purposes only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor or establish a doctor patient relationship.