Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  U.S. Physician/Surgeon in Neurosurgery
206912

I have MS, many other major physical issues (4 herniated discs),

I have MS, many other major physical issues (4 herniated discs), a botched TKR, they gave me general anesthesia after I fell off operating table when they cut. I take numerous meds for ms and for the pain. This morning I woke up and the left side of my face felt swollen, and when I touched it I realized that my whole left side of my face and 1/2 of my nose is numb. That was 12 hours ago, and now I have red streaks on my cheeks, and across the bridge of my nose which is extremely sore. MY BP this morning at 10am was 153/103.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 5 years ago.
Well, certainly i fyou are having swelling of the face and numbness -- you need to have this seen and evaluated by your doctor in person.

It's impossible over the Internet to know exactly what could be going on , but numbness over the entire face could be related to the trigeminal nerve -- which supplies sensation to the face, such as with a shingles outbreak -- or with the brain itself, and could be symptoms of a stroke.

So, sudden onset of one-sided facial numbness is concerning and should be evaluated by your doctor in person.
Dr. Mark, Doctor (MD)
Experience: U.S. Physician/Surgeon in Neurosurgery
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I apologize for not accepting this answer, it took too long for response, and I did call the doctor the next day, and was told to got to ER which I did, but the botXXXXX XXXXXne is it took too long for the anwer. I cannot accept this answer due to length of time and other reasons - mainly severe stroke and the fact I was depending on this information before proceeding.
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 5 years ago.
OK.

I'm sorry another expert didn't answer you sooner, but when I log on (which is a few times a day) I try to answer the questions that are available. When I logged on, your question had still been unanswered.

Best of luck to you.l
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
To explain more, if I can not type, i went on to ER, and they did CTsc and insted on aditting me, but id I sign myself out because of confuof hobrrible apin in my back because they needed the trauma room and disconnectonned all oxygen, monitors and iv's and said would be back shortly to return to room. I was very disoriented, and extremely confused and though I was in morgue.. very very cold. I had waited on this answer until after 11 pm before deiceding on what to tod; but since no reply , I went on to ER. not sure I would get answer before this time, and feel that your answer was over 6 hours, I should not have to pay