Charogat, Doctor
Experience:  Licensed in both NYS and NJ with experience in surgery and medicine.

My daughter reports having pain in her naval. She states that

My daughter reports having pain in her naval. She states that there is occasional discharge, does she need to be seen by a physician? What could be the cause?
Category: Health
Expert:  Charogat replied 7 years ago.
This may depend on what the discharge looks like.
One possibility is a patent urachus.
In-utero there is a tube connecting the navel and the urinary bladder. This involutes once we are born. Sometimes there is a patency remaining. This means that either it can be a completely open tube - which usually results in constant moistness at the umbilicus, and urinary tract infections. Another possibility is a urachal cyst in which there is not a complete open tube remaining, but part of the tube remains and that part can irritated or infected.
From what you describe this IS something that should be looked at by her physician.

Good Luck and G-d Bless You

If you have any more questions regarding this feel free to reply. If you are happy with my answer please click accept so that I can get paid for my time.
Thank You