Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist

does a bladder infection make your back and legs hurt

Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Charles replied 7 years ago.

From how long you have this infection?

from how long you have this back & leg pain?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i have had this problem for a bout a month. i went to my family dr 2weeks ago and he said i had an infection after i gave a urine speciman. he gave me an antibiotic to take for seven day. i had a call from his lab and said the results of my tests were negative? but i keep having lower back pain and legs aches. i know it is not my spine or a pulled muscle.
Yes, the back pain & leg aches can be due to bladder infection.

Another possibility is of lumbar radiculopathy.It is nerve irritation that is caused by damage to the discs between the vertebrae or it can occur when the nerves of the lumbar spine are irritated by mechanical cause or disease.

You need Nerve testing (EMG/electromyogram),radiology testing, such as CAT or MRI scanning,I advice you to see your neurologist for the testing to know the exact underlying cause & then take the treatment.

Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.