Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.

Lately I have been peeing a lot more then usual. I am a 23

Lately I have been peeing a lot more then usual. I am a 23 year old female, sexually active with my b/f of 5 months. I just finished my period, was on Birth control for 3 days, and didn't like the way it made me feel, so I stopped taking it. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. I have many U.T.I's but this is different, it isn't painful. I really noticed it today, but it's been progressing over the past couple of days.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 7 years ago.
In my opinion you need to undergo a urine culture and sensitivity testing .
Your symptoms can be due to urinary tract infection .
A urine culture is a test to find and identify germs (usually bacteria) that may be causing a urinary tract infection (UTI).
If the urine culture is positive, other tests may be done to help choose which antibiotic will do the best job treating the infection. This is called sensitivity testing .

It is essential to treat UTI with appropriate antibiotic based upon the sensitivity testing so that there is no reoccurence of the symptoms
Also your blood sugar levels should be checked as well .
I hope this helps
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I went to the gynecologist around a month ago, and was diagnosed with a slight bacterial infection, because i was having a lot of irritation. She prescribed me medicine and within a few days it went away. Usually when I have UTI's I am in pain. There is no pain this time. That is the only reason for my confusion.
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 7 years ago.
Frequent and urgent urination are classic signs of a urinary tract infection.
Other possible causes include
Drinking too much before bedtime, especially caffeine or alcohol