MasterDoc
MasterDoc, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Physician for 20 years
3119816

first time (.5 grams) not knowing I had a job offer with drug screen

I tried cocaine on a Saturday night through early Sunday morning for the first time (.5 grams) not knowing I had a job offer with drug screen the following Friday morning @ 11am. I am a 23 yr. old male who is active and drinks a fair amount of liquids (water, beer etc.) I bought a $45.00 at home drug screen the night before my 'actual' urine screen and it tested negative for the drug, but also stated that my urine was adulterated with H20 to a certain extent. The screen was labeled (35105N SAP 5-50 W/NIT). I didn't 'abuse' any other liquids the night before my exam, and had half a bottle of water with breakfast the morning of my urine screen on Friday.

Should I be worried?

-A concerned 23 yr. old male who received a job offer in this economy!!
The general rule of thumb is that cocaine is detectable for between 2-5 days. THat would make you safe. Of course there is always the rare unusual case. Just in case they rule it as too dilute, you should make sure to stay crystal clean in case they ask for a repeat.
Please click ACCEPT.
Feel free to ask a follow-up question.