Pauline
Pauline, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor & Registered Pharmacist. Worked as Community pharmacist for 17 years.
659881

I was told that I had cellious and was put in the hospital

I was told that I had cellious and was put in the hospital for 6days and have been home for almost 2 weeks but i still have swelling,redness,pain in my foot and up my leg shouldn,t this be better by now and do i need to see a dr.?
Category: Health
Expert:  Pauline replied 8 years ago.

what antibiotic did you take? How long were you on the medication?

Is the area still warm?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I was on 2 antibiotics for 6 days and they were given by iv,s in my arm and i don,t know what they were and yes some of my leg and foot is still warm
Expert:  Pauline replied 8 years ago.

thanks for the extra information, although it sounds like your treatment has started off well, I would suggest that you need to carry on with antibiotics for a while longer. Sometimes they are changed to the oral version so that you do not need injections but that depends on your local hospital protocol.

Warm suggests that infection is still present.