DoogleNK
DoogleNK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD
7632001

I have being married for the past 17 years and I had never

Customer Question

I have being married for the past 17 years and I had never had any sexual contact with any other man during all these years . I was testes for Herpes 2 weeks ago and result came back positive for herpes 1 and 2 . I was going crazy and force my husband to take the exams as well . To my surprise he is negative to 2 and positive to 1 . why is it that I have it he does not . This information is harming my relation so badly that my husband now think that I have being unfaithful to him. Please give an explanation could i have been carry this infections for more that 20 years and not knowing about it and why does he has it. Please respond I am so confused and worry . This could be the end of my relation I also have two kids ages 11 and 5 please help me
Submitted: 5 years ago via HealthBoards.
Category: Health
Expert:  DoogleNK replied 5 years ago.
HelloCustomerbr />
One can be infected with herpes by not only sexual relation but also just through kissing .
If you kiss a person who is having herpes ,he might not know ,then you can get infected.

If by chance you touch the sore of an infected person and then touch your vagina ,or any person with oral herpes performs oral sex on you or vice a versa then transmission can occur.

As you didnt have any relation with other male ,the chances of transmission may be due to kissing.

Kindly press ACCEPT if your question has been answered. FEEDBACK & BONUS is appreciated.
_______________________________________
Please note that the information provided is not a substitute to medical advice.

DoogleNK, Doctor (MD)
Experience: MD
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
But why after being with my husband for all these years , he does not have it and I have it
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The fact is that I have it . My question for you is why if i being with my husband 17 years and he does not have it . all of these years he is being my only parner and the father of both of my kids , If I am positive to 1 and 2 and he is only positive to 1 ,. Have i being carrie this desease for almost 20 years and have no signs no break outs ever. The way I found our was because the general doctor did a complete checkup . I am so confuese please give me more details.
Expert:  DoogleNK replied 5 years ago.
You might have got this infection recently.

Hsv 1 usually causes oral infection but can cause genital too.
Hsv 2 usually causes genital infection.

You are not having this infection since all these years.

For more information, please read this.

_______________________________________
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
If my husband have herpes 1 and we have oral sex . could he trasmist the herpes 1 to me and that herpes 1 transform in to herpes 2 in my body . Once again my case is I have 1and 2 and he only has 1 . we have being together for 17 years. Now with the results he is assuming that i had contac with other person and that person gave me herpes 2 .
Expert:  DoogleNK replied 5 years ago.
You can get herpes 1 from him,but it is not that it has transformed to 2 in your body.

But you can get HSV 2 even from coming in contact with the sore and without having sex with other person.

here is an example for you to understand better.
A , having genital herpes 2 ,has oral sex with normal B ,then this B can get oral herpes with HSV 2 rather than 1 and can transfer 2 to anyone who kisses (even social kiss)or touches the sores.

Tell your husband and try to assure him that you didnot have sex with other person .Its better to get treated than to blame each other. and to remember this in your future life.

_______________________________________