Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.
7152018

Can you get pimples on your penis?

Can you get pimples on your penis? If yes, how can you get rid of these pimples?

Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 5 years ago.

Hello

Could you elaborate on this condition you have?

Are you having any itching associated with these 'pimples'?

Any discharge from the penis?

Any other problems??

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

no itching, no discharge, no problems what so ever, just want this part of my body more attractive so i can be more out going in the bedroom

Thanks for your reply

Does the skin on the shaft of your penis look like this picture?

[Picture not displayed for privacy]

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

yes, exactly, on the shaft

but on the foreskin, it is like a , for lack of better words, " white cheese like" filled pimples.

Ok, what you are looking at in this picture are simple papules.

These are pearly penile papules, small in size (approximately 1-2 mm) and they look just like pimples, but are not pimples.

They are actually tiny glands, and you shouldn't pick at them. They occur around the margin of the penis head/shaft of the penis, and can be seen when the foreskin is pulled back. They usually develop in teenage years, but may occur up to the age of 40. They are visible in some men, while in others are less noticeable. Around 10% of men is affected by pearly penile papules.

They usually resolve over time and really nothing can be done to help this. However, on the foreskin, these 'fluid filled' pimples do not sound normal. I would have to advise having these 2 conditions examined by your Physician for a clear cut diagnosis.

These papules (if that is indeed what they are) are harmless, but the filled pimples are not. You might need to be checked for STD's or other skin condition -possibly bacterial issue.

Hope this helps! Reply if needed

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
on the foreskin, they are not really fluid filled but more of a solid matter. would you have any picture of the foreskin???

Do you pick at these places? Do you squeeze anything out of these places on the foreskin?

I do not have any pictures of what you are mentioning.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

yes, i can sqweez a thick substance out of them. on web md, i found something they refer to as "smegma"????

this sounds similalar to my condition

This would not form 'pimple' like areas though. It is 'cheese like' in consistency and can be seen when the foreskin is rolled back, but it would not cause pimples itself. However, an accumulation of Smegma can lead to bacterial infections and that might be what is causing your 'pimple' like areas that you can squeeze material out of. My advice would be not to squeeze these as you might start an infection (if one has not already started).

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

how does one get rid of smegma???

Regular pulling back of the foreskin and cleansing atleast twice daily. It is produced all the time, but only accumulates enough to be seen if not washed off regularly.

Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience: 20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok, thanks for your help

You're welcome!