Dr.  RK
Dr. RK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice

Hi My blood pressure is 141 over 80. I am a 44 year old

My blood pressure is 141 over 80. I am a 44 year old male and I am 210 pounds and 5' 11''. I do not smoke nor drink. I exercise everyday and I have no health problems.

What do I need to do to bring down the 141 reading? Thank you.

How long are you having this bp ?

what are the drugs you are taking?

did you consult a doctor yet?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi Dr. RK,

I just took my pressure yesterday at the grocery store. I am on no drugs or medication. I do not have a doctor because I can not afford one and I have no health insurance. I exercise daily and I eat very healthy foods. I eat alot of vegetables and fruit and low fat meat such as skninless chicken , fish and lean beef.

I do not drink alcohol nor coffee and I do not smoke. I drink green tea, water, milk, cranberry juice and orange juice.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is there anything I can do to remove some of this fluid and waste in my body such as a colon cleanse? I really feel bloated sometimes and I beleive if I can urinate more or get rid of this useless wate in my stomach, I will be healthy as a horse!

Thankyou for the information,

Its good to hear that you do not drink alcohol and niether you smoke.The smoking, obesity is a risk factor for heart disease.

The blood pressure of 140/80 is not very high as the range for systolic blood pressure is 120 to 140 mm Hg.You need not worry as you are still in the high normal range,.

The slight increase in blood pressure can be there as the age advances due to loss of elasticity of arteries.

You just need to follow a few precautions so that you remain healthy.You should take less of sodium salt and oil in the diet and try to be stress free.The cutting off some extra weight and daily exercise will make you more fit.

Please visit here for more information:

ways to reduce blood pressure

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you!