A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

the doctor prescribed Cardiovid and I cant find information

the doctor prescribed Cardiovid and I can't find information on that medication. I would like to know about it.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 7 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. Was this in the USA? What was it prescribed for? Are you sure of the spelling?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It was in the US. The spelling is Cardiovid Plus Capsules. I complained to the doctor of some memory loss.

After much searching, I finally found this. It is a supplement that contains basically fish oil, omega-3 fatty acids, and vitamins B6 and B12. It can be taken for any number of problems and is frequently used along with cardiac drugs and cholesterol-lowering drugs. It's main side effects are from its individual ingredients and include things like diarrhea (from the increased oils), bright yellow urine (from the B vitamins), etc. Since it is just a food supplement, it isn't expected to have any serious side effects.