Internist
Internist, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified in 2 Specialties, VERIFIED,American, trained and located in United States
13024878

I have hep C, I am also taking Vicodin 5/500 for a past accident.

I have hep C, I am also taking Vicodin 5/500 for a past accident. I am going to an endogastroentologist next week for the first time. My question is: I am only susposed to take the vicodin 1 at a time. i just started taking them yesterday. I cannot feel them unless I take 8 at a time. Is this bcause of my liver functions being high?

Thank you for your question.

Taking eight Vicodin at a time is an extremely inappropriate dose to take. Your hepatitis C is not responsible for having to take this much medication. You'd need to reevaluate and tried to treat the source of the pain as this amount of Vicodin is extremely addictive and can also be dangerous. Your doctor may want to begin treatment for the hepatitis C and hopefully you can wean yourself off such a high dose..

*****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for educational purposes only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor or establish a doctor patient relationship.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Just thought i'd tell you (again) i don't know why i have to take so much. i just started the medication yesterday. i agree it is not good. today i only took 2 and that is all i'll take. Tomarrow i'll take 1. i don't want to have a problem
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Just thought i'd tell you (again) i don't know why i have to take so much. i just started the medication yesterday. i agree it is not good. today i only took 2 and that is all i'll take. Tomarrow i'll take 1. i don't want to have a problem. I just don'tunderstand why i have to take so much to feel any difference. I had thought originally it was because my liver wasn't working good. But you say no
You are doing the right thing. Good luck.