Dr. Ryan
Dr. Ryan, Doctor
Experience:  Bachelor in Nursing, 3+ years nursing experience, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
11446854

My left legs seems to be heavier than my right leg. I have

Customer Question

My left legs seems to be heavier than my right leg. I have some discomfort in my left leg and foot.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Ryan replied 7 years ago.

Hello and sorry to hear about your awkward feeling leg, I can understand how that would be annoying.

So a couple of things come to mind when i hear this complaint. First, if you have knee to foot pain, I'm wondering if you are having some swelling, which could obviously make that part of your leg feel heavy, partially because it is heavier. This would be treated by elevating the leg, as well as some ibuprofen/motrin/aleve, whichever works best for you.

The second thing that comes to my mind is some kind of nerve irritation, often starting in your lower back where those nerves are exiting your spine. They can become irritated by some movement, or inflammation along your spinal cord, which can give you a numbness, or heavy feeling in an extremity. With this, I would recommend icing your lower back, as well as taking some motrin etc, to hopefully calm the area down.

So in closing, it's kind of a vague symptom, which is fine, but in order to hopefully help it out, I'd try a couple generalized treatments to try to clear it up. If these don't seem to help, then it might be worth going to a doctor for a further evaluation.

I hope this helps, but please reply if you'd like further clarification, best wishes...

Please ask if you need clarification/more information.

If I have answered your question, please click the accept button

POSITIVE feedback & a BONUS are greatly appreciated.
Please note that answers are for information only, do not take the place of an assessment by your doctor, and does not establish a patient-physician relationship