Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist

i have stinging sensation in my arms and legs ( + itching and

i have stinging sensation in my arms and legs ( + itching and burning). first it was after taking shower, then any time - specially at night, preventing from sleeping. please, help
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Charles replied 7 years ago.

From how long you have this symptoms?

What is your blood sugar level?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

i have it for about 3 years.

sorry,i do not know my blood sugar

The symptoms you are having can have all kinds of different causes, as it is a symptom of many different diseases.

It usually arises from damage or disease of nerves.Its most common causes are:nerve compression syndromes, pressure on the spinal nerves such as that due to a herniated disk,high blood pressure, diabetes, multiple sclerosis,stroke,transient ischemic attack.Also this can be due to :Underactive thyroid,abnormal levels of calcium, potassium, or sodium in your body,lack of vitamin B12,certain medications,

You need to check your blood sugar level & blood pressure.

Tests like electromyography and nerve conduction studies,certain blood tests,electro physiological studies are required to make the exact diagnosis.I suggest you to make an appointment with your doctor to know the exact cause & hence its treatment.

Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.