Doctor G.
Doctor G., Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Internal Medicine / Cardiology / Endocrine questions

I had a fasting glucose blood test today. I fasted, went to

I had a fasting glucose blood test today. I fasted, went to the lab they drew blood then I drank glucose drink waited 2 hours and then they drew blood again. After completing the blood work I left and went home and ate breakfast. About 1 1/2 hours later I got a call from the doctors office checking to see if I was feeling ok because the last blood test was at 38. She said average was 110. I don't know what any of that means and since it is Friday I won't hear from the doctor until next week. Can you explain this to me?
Category: Health
Expert:  Doctor G. replied 7 years ago.
This was most likely a lab mistake. A blood sugar of 38 would most likely cause seizures and coma or at least you would be unable to even sit up.
I wouldn't worry about this and just get this rechecked next week.

Have a blessed day.
I hope I’ve been able to shed a little light on this for you.
If you have further questions on this topic, please feel free to ask.

You should always consult with your physician for the proper diagnosis and treatment.
The above was for educational purposes only and does not confer a doctor-patient privilege or relationship.