Doctor G.
Doctor G., Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Internal Medicine / Cardiology / Endocrine questions
12907602

I have been prescibed very low Valium by my GP and also Gincoben.

I have been prescibed very low Valium by my GP and also Gincoben. I am also taking Permixion for a seperate reason.
My annual hayfever is starting, is it ok to take antihistamhine (Zyttec is my usual one) with the above?
Category: Health
Expert:  Doctor G. replied 7 years ago.
Zyttec can make you sleepy. The combination of the medication are fine. It may cause the excessive sleepiness, but it will decrease with daily use. Also, the zyttec may actually inflame the prostate (this is rare but may happen).

Have a blessed day.
I hope I’ve been able to shed a little light on this for you.
If you have further questions on this topic, please feel free to ask.

You should always consult with your physician for the proper diagnosis and treatment.
The above was for educational purposes only and does not confer a doctor-patient privilege or relationship.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

If the Zyrtec (I am taking 10mg) can make me sleepy and may inflame the prostate, is there an alternative antihistamine I can take to aleviate the hayfever symptons?

Thank you

Expert:  Doctor G. replied 7 years ago.
There is claritin (loratidine) 20mg a day or Allegra (Fexofenadine) 180mg per day.

These have won't make you drowsy but can still have minimal effect on the prostate.

Have a blessed day.