Dr. Ryan
Dr. Ryan, Doctor
Experience:  Bachelor in Nursing, 3+ years nursing experience, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine

I returned to HOME Ocala ,Fl. last night, flew about 4 hrs.

I returned to HOME Ocala ,Fl. last night, flew about 4 hrs. this pm. my rt. leg below the knee began to feel funny, my toes and also the bottom of my foot. There is a weired felling in my ankle. Most of all I have paindown the outer edge and down the front.It is difficult to describe ,maybe stabbing?Iknow I cannot get my primary doctor tonight, Should I go to the E.R ?THANKS

Hello and sorry to hear about your leg discomfort. Unfortunately what you're describing sounds like it could possibly be a deep vein thrombosis. This is a classic presentation with prolonged sitting, then lower leg "throbby", or strange pain. The problem is that these clots in the deep veins can let loose and migrate into your lungs and cause problems.

So my suggestion is to go the ER, as much as I'm sure you have better things to do, they can do an ultrasound on your leg and you'll know for sure. These can be quite dangerous, so it's better safe than sorry.

Sorry, I wish I could have told you it was nothing, but there's the possibility it is, so best wishes...

Please ask if you need clarification/more information.

If I have answered your question, please click the accept button

POSITIVE feedback & a BONUS are greatly appreciated.
Please note that answers are for information only, do not take the place of an assessment by your doctor, and does not establish a patient-physician relationship

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX of luck, I hope it's nothing.