Dr. Ryan
Dr. Ryan, Doctor
Experience:  Bachelor in Nursing, 3+ years nursing experience, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
11446854

I tried calling my DR, but there no one there & no answering

I tried calling my DR, but there no one there & no answering serves. I have a low fever of 99.7, a headache that will not quit, a vary sore throat & dry hacking cough. I'm vary sleepy. With everything going on with the swine flu. I looked for info on line & everything says if your feeling sick call your dr, don't go to the er. The best thing to do is stay home. But my DR will not be back till Mon what should I do? Should I just stay home & ride it out? It may just be a cold.

Hello, and sorry to hear about your sickness, it certainly does not sound like fun.

So based on the symptoms you're telling me, I would agree with you, in that it's most likely a cold, especially with the cough and sore throat and lack of vomiting or diarrhea. My recommendation would be to rest, drink plenty of fluids, and take some tylenol or motrin for the headache, whichever works best for you. If on monday, you still feel like you need to go in, then go ahead, but I wouldn't worry about it being the flu.

I wish you the best, XXXXX XXXXX quick recovery...

Please ask if you need clarification/more information.

If I have answered your question, please click the accept button

POSITIVE feedback & a BONUS are greatly appreciated.
Please note that answers are for information only, do not take the place of an assessment by your doctor, and does not establish a patient-physician relationship