Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice

Neither Darvocet or hydrocodone have helped my muscle back

Neither Darvocet or hydrocodone have helped my muscle back pain, even when I take 1 Darvocet and 1/2 Hydrocodone together. What should help me?

greetings and thankyou for using justanswer!

How long are you having back pain?

how long are you taking the pain killers and in what doses?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I have been in lower back pain for over six months. Hydrocodone/APAP 7.5/500 was prescribed twice daily. After complaining about the pain, they sent me to the pain doctor and he prescribed Darvocet-N/APAP 100-650 TAD 4 times a day. Still no relief.

Have had one pain shot and have two to go.

The only time I get some relief is from physical therapy, Better Bodies in Rockledge, Fl.

You would think they would give an eighty year old woman a pain reliever and not worry about her becoming addicted

Thanks for your input.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Not sure if I am doing this right, but forgot to mention that I also take Crestor, 10 MG
<br />   Hello.The medication for back ache need not be limited to painkillers alone.Very often muscle relaxants,drugs that have analgesic and antiinflammatory properties,antidepressants,physical measures like heat/traction/diathermy all have a role to play.The medication will depend on the cause of the backache.I suggest you try hot water baths and a simple analgesic like Naproxen added to your therapy apart from the physical therapy you are taking.Since you have been on this medication for a few months with no benefit,discuss using Tramadol/Ketorolac with your GP/PCP/ Pain Doctor.Occasionally ,the Statin Crestor you are taking may be adding to your muscular pain.
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience: MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice