Dr Bhumika
Dr Bhumika, Doctor
Experience:  6 years of experience as family physician, general practitioner; MD Chest Diseases; Allergy, Asthma
14756658

I sweat from my armpits excessively and I feel grubby and feel

I sweat from my armpits excessively and I feel grubby and feel I smell only a couple of hours after showering. It's really embarrassing! I've tried all sorts of anti antiperspirants but none seem to be working. I also use anti bacterial soap when showering and wear cotton clothes so that my skin can breath easily. I'm 20 and have a healthy lifestyle and am not overweight. is there anything i can do to stop this?

The reason for this - there are possibly more sweat glands at the site.

What needs to be done -
1. AVOID - Poor hygiene, nervousness, excessive sweating, anxiety, stress, detoxification, poor diet and cigarette and alcohol.

2. Many antiperspirants and deodorants may help mask the odor, but the most effective way to fight body odor is by maintaining good personal hygiene.

3. Dietary Supplements that would help - Chlorophyll is an effective deodorizer, Vitamin B , Zinc helps balance the body’s metabolism and reduces the cause of bad body odor, Magnesium enhances the effectiveness of vitamin B and zinc. Lavender Oils kill bacteria. Sage, when taken in tea form, reduces sweat gland activity.

REF: Prescription for Nutritional Healing, 3rd Edition, Phyllis Balch, CNC; James F. Balch, M.D.

Please click ACCEPT so that i get paid for my work or the deposit you made stays with just answer. A bonus would be appreciated.

Regards.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

is there anytjing available on the nhs to help me with this?
Hi

You could try the above measures and it would help with your symptoms

If they still persist you could see your doctor about this

Hyperhidrosis (over sweating) could have serious underlying causes that may require surgery or antibiotics in severe cases. Only your health care provider can diagnose these types of issues.

If your doctor should deem your sweating is abnormal, ask him/her about Drysol. Drysol is aluminum chloride hexahydrate and when applied to the underarms works to block the sweat glands and plug the pores. It is a prescription medication and should only be used with a doctor's guidance.

Your doctor may suggest an in office surgical or laser treatment.

Regards.