Dr Bhumika
Dr Bhumika, Doctor
Experience:  6 years of experience as family physician, general practitioner; MD Chest Diseases; Allergy, Asthma
14756658

I have had an MRI. The diagnosis is a grade1 5mm anterolisthesis

Customer Question

I have had an MRI. The diagnosis is "a grade1 5mm anterolisthesis of L4 on L5. Can anyone explain this in non-medical terms?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Bhumika replied 7 years ago.

Anterolisthesis - upper vertebral body is positioned abnormally compared to the vertebral body below it. That is, the upper vertebral body slips forward on the one below.

The amount of slippage is graded on a scale from 1 to 4. Grade 1 is mild (20% slippage).

I have tried to give an extensive answer, however please let me know if you need any other information.

Please click - ACCEPT if you find this helpful so that i get paid for my work . A bonus would be appreciated.

Best regards.