Dr. Ryan
Dr. Ryan, Doctor
Experience:  Bachelor in Nursing, 3+ years nursing experience, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
11446854

can anxiety casue you to be dizzy all the time and short of

Customer Question

can anxiety casue you to be dizzy all the time and short of breath??
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Ryan replied 7 years ago.

Hello, hopefully I'll be able to help you out a bit with your question.

Typically anxiety can cause you to be dizzy and short of breath, however it does not usually cause these symptoms over long periods of time. So if you are dizzy and short of breath constantly throughout the day, I would look for other causes, of which there are too many possibilities to mention without knowing many more specifics. If however, these symptoms are intermittent, at your age, anxiety is a distinct possibility.

I hope this helps, if not, please let me know, best of luck...

Please ask if you need clarification/more information.

POSITIVE feedback & a BONUS are greatly appreciated.
Please note that answers are for information only, do not take the place of an assessment by your doctor, and does not establish a patient-physician relationship

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

i have had ekg, blood tests, mri, ct, I dont know what else to have...I also have a really weird wide pulse pressure, such as 130/60, the bottom number is XXXXX super low....my doc keeps saying do not worry...also have very slow heartbeat, like 48-50 bpm but she also says that this is normal for somebody who works out....

Expert:  Dr. Ryan replied 7 years ago.

Hello again, all of this sounds true. I would echo not to worry about the blood pressure, people pay a lot for meds to have a blood pressure like that, that's great. Also the pulse is very normal at your age for someone who works out.

So it's entirely possible that anxiety is playing a large role in your symptoms especially since it sounds like you've had a pretty thorough workup. I would encourage you to look into changing your workout routine a bit to include things like yoga or martial arts which often help a great deal with anxiety and symptoms such as yours, plus they are an excellent workout.

Best of luck...