Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
9324755

I have had some blood in my stool periodically. I had diahrea

I have had some blood in my stool periodically. I had diahrea a couple days ago and my stomach has been upset for over a week. Any ideas of what this could be?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 7 years ago.

Greetings,

Since how long? Any other symptom? Any past illness? Any test ? Any treatment taken?

Regards.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I believe it started on April 25th. I noticed the blood on the tissue but not in stool. Yesterday I had the runs but now its solid. Today I saw the blood again on the tissue and on stool. More of a redish color than dark. My stomach has been upset everyday since the 25th. No past illness, no tests, no treatments taken.
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for the input.

Fresh blood in stool comes most usually from anus or rectum or from lower part of gut . The causes can be hemorrhoid, polyp, fissure , inflammatory bowel diseases , infection or rarely from tumor. When it is only in the tissue only it can be due to a fissure or hemorrhoid. You need to get it examined by doctor for precise diagnosis.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your early recovery.
Any query, please ask.
Regards.