Dr. Ryan
Dr. Ryan, Doctor
Experience:  Bachelor in Nursing, 3+ years nursing experience, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine

I feel racey all the time. It is as though my heart rate and

Customer Question

I feel racey all the time. It is as though my heart rate and blood presure are really high, but they are normal, also an EKG and chest x-ray showed nothing. I have not taken any medications. Also, a tingling, numbness, weekness feeling in my arms and on the right side of my chest.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Ryan replied 7 years ago.

Hello and sorry to hear about your issues, I can understand how they would be quite annoying.

There are a couple of things that pop into my head. The first idea is that it could simply be anxiety, these are all symptoms associated with anxiety that can hit people at certain times in their lives. You may not necessarily feel anxious, but with extra stresses in your life, it's definitely a possibility. This is typically just treated with an anxiety medication, along with stress reducing activities such as exercise or meditation.

The other main possibility is that it could be something such as your thyroid or adrenal gland working incorrectly. These abnormalities are only really going to be diagnosed on labwork, so this will require a doctors appointment.

I hope this helps, and if you have further questions, please let me know...

Please ask if you need clarification/more information.

If I have answered your question, please click the accept button

POSITIVE feedback & a BONUS are greatly appreciated.
Please note that answers are for information only, do not take the place of an assessment by your doctor, and does not establish a patient-physician relationship