Dr. Ryan
Dr. Ryan, Doctor
Experience:  Bachelor in Nursing, 3+ years nursing experience, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine

I have been on the same medication on & off for almost 2 years

Customer Question

I have been on the same medication on & off for almost 2 years i would say. Literally, all of a sudden, when I would call in my prescription to the office for a written script, a registered nurse is calling me back saying that either I have to wait to pick this script up from the office or that now I have wait to get a prescription filled because...she says so basically. Now she is dating my scripts at the top with astericks saying when to fill this prescription. I don't understand, I feel like I am being targeted for no apparent reason. I have Express Scripts, why is this date in astericks necessary when they keep track anyways when I have this Rx filled? I am so frustrated. Please help!
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Ryan replied 7 years ago.

Hello, and sorry to hear about your frustrations, I can understand how that could make you feel targeted.

So I can tell you that a lot of offices are doing similar things now, and it's not just you, nor is it that you are being targeted. The problem is that for so many years patients were just trusted that they would get their prescriptions from one doctor, and when they needed more they would call in to the office. Unfortunately in todays age, there are so many patients who are not taking their pills as directed, selling pills, going to multiple docs, and multiple pharmacy's. It sounds to me as though someone at this office got burned by a patient, and maybe got in trouble, so they are being extra cautious, I'm sure with all of the patients.

You sound like you are being responsible with your medications and prescriptions, so keep it up, and don't let one person make you feel like you're doing something wrong. Best wishes, and let me know if you have other questions...

Please ask if you need clarification/more information.

If I have answered your question, please click the accept button

POSITIVE feedback & a BONUS are greatly appreciated.
Please note that answers are for information only, do not take the place of an assessment by your doctor, and does not establish a patient-physician relationship

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your response. I feel a lot better. I just don't like to be portrayed in a negative manner but it does make a lot of sense now that you've explained it. I just wish they would have notified me or gave me heads up about this, but it is what it is.
Thanks for your time!
Expert:  Dr. Ryan replied 7 years ago.
Hello again, I'm glad you feel better, nobody likes to feel the way they are making you feel, so it's not you. Just blow it off as best you can, and forget about it. I hope you have a fantastic weekend, best wishes...