Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  U.S. Physician/Surgeon in Neurosurgery
206912

Hello there iam male 34 and have been playing videogames since

Hello there iam male 34 and have been playing videogames since i was 8 and have never suffred an epileptic fit or have any reason to think i have epilepsy until the other day after playing a videogame i felt like i was in another room but my eyes were in this room my reflexs were still hyped up like i was seeing the game in my mind and reacting to it slightyly this has happened twice in a week and lasted 15 minutes could i have photosensitive epilepsy but what i think it could be is a form of anxiety as i have an anxiety disorder and sometimes panic attacks.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 5 years ago.
It seems a little unlikely that if you were aware of the whole episode (and don't have a previous history of seizures) that you would have suddenly developed these seizure activity at the age of 34.

And your symptoms are not classic for epilepsy related to video game playing.

So I would tend to think that this could be a result of fatigue from playing video games, or anxiety, or something else other than seizures.

Of course, should this continue to recur, only by seeing your doctor for an exam can you get a true evaluation and diagnosis, but from what it sounds like, I don't think you are having epileptic attacks.
Dr. Mark, Doctor (MD)
Experience: U.S. Physician/Surgeon in Neurosurgery
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hello dr mark i accepted your previous answer but today got a call from a epilepsy careline agent and he said he thinks i have epiliepsy because of the being in 2 places at once feeling or like obe feeling and that is what epileptics get just before a sezuire.He also said photosensitive sezures can occur at any age.

Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 5 years ago.
Well, anyone can say anything over the phone -- Please realize that no one (us or them) can make such a diagnosis without neurologic testing -- which would probably include an EEG.

While it is true seizures can develop at any age, and that "auras" are often felt preceding seizures, it really is irresponsible to say you have "epilepsy" without having further diagnostic testing done. I hope that person that called you was not an actual doctor.
Dr. Mark, Doctor (MD)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Well no he was an advisor that works for a epilepsy charity he even tryed to pressure me into joining up with them like you said without having a proper examination.The time or days that the spacy feeling occured i was getting less sleep also i used to get obe feelings at the age of 18 but that was diagnosed as panic disorder as i would hyperventellate also.Its strange that he wanted me to join up without a proper test.

very unprofessinal

Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 5 years ago.
Yes, be very wary of people that try to do that -- especially if it involves money payments of any kind.

I still would have doubts that you are experiencing the photosensitive epilepsy (but then again, I too am just talking to you over the Internet, and would have no way of knowing). But realize that this diagnosis can really only be made by a neurologist with further testing...not by someone over the phone.
Dr. Mark, Doctor (MD)