Dr Bhumika
Dr Bhumika, Doctor
Experience:  6 years of experience as family physician, general practitioner; MD Chest Diseases; Allergy, Asthma
14756658

hey.. i am 19 years old and have always had irregular and dodgy

hey.. i am 19 years old and have always had irregular and dodgy periods.. my mum had it to.. but after i had my period this month iv had some blood clots/bloody,brown disharge (which i have had before about a year ago) i had the first clots and period like dishcharge along with period like pain about 2 weeks after my period finished that lasted a few days and then last week iv had the same thing and it is stil there now. i thought maybe it was a light period as i am very very stressed (and iv heard stress can change ur period) but now im just so scared iv got cervical cancer. is there anything else that it can be?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Bhumika replied 7 years ago.

This is not carvical cancer.

Causes of missed or irregular periods include - stress, anxiety, weight loss or weight gain, dietary changes, certain medications, hormonal changes in the body.

So if this continues for another couple of months it would be best to get a blood test for your hormone levels done.

Hope this helped. Please click ACCEPT to help me get my dues or the deposit you made stays with just answer. You may ask follow-up questions

Best regards

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thankyou for your answer.. what about the bloody clots that i am getting inbetween periods? and the bleeding inbetween? can that be due to hormonal changes too? i thought they were signs of cervial cancer.. iv been really worried.. thankyou for your previous answer..

The clots and the inter menstrual bleeding at your age - could also be due to hormonal changes - but do mention it to your doctor on your next visit.

Best regards