Dr Bhumika
Dr Bhumika, Doctor
Experience:  6 years of experience as family physician, general practitioner; MD Chest Diseases; Allergy, Asthma

i am concerned about my pulse is wide a lot of

Customer Question

i am concerned about my pulse is wide a lot of the time...i am only 27 year old male and have bradycardia, although doc says its a good thing...? my readings are usually 135/65, 128/60, etc.....always wide...the only time it really stables is when i am done exercising which it usually is like 128/77
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Bhumika replied 7 years ago.

Were any tests done when you went to your doctor? Do you have any specific symptoms?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i have had ekg done like 2 months ago....and blood work which was all normal....i get dizzy sometimes when i stand up....not sure if i should be worred

Well - the dizziness is just a sign of sudden change of position leading to change in blood pressure, change in blood supply to the brain - not something you should worry about.

Since your ekg's have been fine - i assure you that the variation in systolic and diatolic is not significant and you need to relax and not get anxious about it.

If you are still stressed - you could talk to your doctor about getting an ECHO done - to know the function of the heart - it is similar to an ultrasound of the heart and also getting a blood test done to rule out anemia - which can have wide pulse pressure.

Hope this helped. Please click ACCEPT to help me get my dues. You may ask follow-up questions. A bonus would be appreciated.

Best regards

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok thanks, also the blood test that i took there have been a few things low such as Hematocrit, and RDW? Would this have something to do with this?

What was the exact values and what was the hemoglobin?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hematocrit 42.5%

RDW 10.8

Hemoglobin 14.3

The values are alright nad should be not a cause of concern.