Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
9324755

I have become obsessed with checking my breasts, the left one

I have become obsessed with checking my breasts, the left one has a little ball underneath which seems to disappear if not completely when I lie down, I have been to my gP who examined me twice a couple of months ago when I first found it and said she couldn't find anything abnormal, however my mind is playing tricks on me and I keep thinking I should have directed her to the lump in more I have been checking obsessively ever since and it is still exactly the same apart from premenstrually when I can hardly feel it at all because of breast enlargement and tenderness, I could do with some reassurance, I am adopted so don't have family history.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 7 years ago.

Greetings,

Since how long? Any other symptom? Any past illness? Any test taken? Your age?

Regards.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have been told I am going through perimenopause as I had a blood test because of irregular periods two years ago. I have no other symtoms
Many thanks
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the input.

It is good to have self examination of breast . This is a good precautionary meaasure. Please read this resource too.

http://www.webmd.com/breast-cancer/guide/breast-self-exam

When your doctor has not found any nodule or ball , it is unlikely that you have any problem there. If there is any doubt , she will send you for test like mammaogram. Still if you feel it definitely , you can get it reviewed by her.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your healthy life.
Any query, please ask.
Regards.