Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

doctors who have personal care

Customer Question

doctors who have personal care
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Heal replied 7 years ago.
DearCustomer

Can you rephrase your question again? is it any academic related query?

with best regards,
Dr.Renjusha
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
We have just moved to Northern CA from IL. We are living in the Daly City area. So far I have NOT had a doctor, with the exception of my dentist, to have any decent "bed side manner." My husband's doctor I found to be condescending and rude. Then I went to my doctor this week and found almost the same thing! I realize that there is a larger population here and therefore a lot more patients to see, but I thought consideration and listening to one's patients was part of being a physician and NOT just looking at test results. We have TriWest Ins. and have to stick to this certain list for each area. We do not know anyone in our similar situation. Where can I find a doctor in this area who believes in attending to the whole person. I respect physicians, but do not feel the need to put any one on a pedistal. Doctors are attending to MY health. I have fears about being on certain medications and think that it is rude to dismiss my concerns without discussing it with me. At the end of the day--it is MY health, MY life. How can I find this kind of physician without going through doctor after doctor to find one! Are there doctors who practice with compassion in Northern CA????
Expert:  Dr Heal replied 7 years ago.

I will opt out and let co-experts from that area to advice you. I agree with you that a doctor has to be really understanding and compassionate with his patients who come to him / her with total faith and submit themselves at their mercy. Hope the world will one day be good with all men & women reciprocating each other in good manners. God Bless.

with best regards,
Dr.Renjusha