Dr Bhumika
Dr Bhumika, Doctor
Experience:  6 years of experience as family physician, general practitioner; MD Chest Diseases; Allergy, Asthma
14756658

I have a painful lump on my right side collar bone. It started

I have a painful lump on my right side collar bone. It started to hurt to the touch an hour ago and now under my armpit(same side) now has a throbbing pain. should I go to the emergency room or go in the morning to urgent care?

Do you have a fever? Did you hurt yourself or bump yourself anywhere? Any other medical problems? Have you waxed or shaved your underarms recently?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
hello, i did shave on thursday morning and for the record wnet for a physical that day and also recieved a tetanus shot. that area is sore but this lump on collar bone is very painful
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

sorry forgot...no fever

The symptoms you mention are due to shaving and the tetanus shot - the lump is an enlarged lymph node.

Just take some over the counter pain relief medications, apply local pain relief gels and try some warm compresses - this should take care of the pain - your symptoms will resolve in 2 - 3 days. Till then do not shave, wax or use a deo or perfume at the sites.

Let me know if i can help you further.

Please click - ACCEPT if you find this helpful so that i get paid for my work or the deposit you made stays with just answer . A bonus would be appreciated.

Best regards.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

do i have a lymph nodes near my collar bone?

Yes, that is the lump you can notice.

Let me know if i can help you further.

Best regards.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
should i see a doctor if it doesn't get better?

This should resolve spontaneously in the next 2 - 3days - if it does not - you should see a doctor - you might be prescribed a course of antibiotic medications then.

Let me know if i can help you further.

Best regards.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i am taking amoxicillon for dental work i had done on thursday april 9

This would be another factor - the dental work to cause the lymph node to get enlarged - continue with the antibiotics and also take some pain relief medications alongside. Apply local pain relief gels and try some warm compresses and do not shave, wax or use a deo or perfume at the sites.

Let me know if i can help you further.

Best regards.