Alan Gibstein, M.D.
Alan Gibstein, M.D., Doctor
Experience:  Assistant Professor OB/GYN with 40 years of experience. Fellow of The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
12995549

i keep having chest pain on and off .Then when I lay down my

i keep having chest pain on and off .Then when I lay down my right arm becomes stiff and I can feel pain whenever I try to move it.I don't know should I go to emergeny?
DearCustomer If you are twenty years old, I could be confident in telling you that this is strictly musculo-skeletal in origin.... a strain or stretch or minor injury. But if you are around fifty or older, it could be pain from the coronary vessels and a visit to the ER is being cautious and smart. Take two aspirin tablets before you go. Most coronary pain(angina) in women is not typical of the angina of men. There can be pain in the arm (usually the left), jaw, teeth or shoulder blades and sometimes no pain at all, just short of breath or sweating. Your pain is probably not from your heart but from the cervical spine (a disc?)or shoulder joint itself. But it is wise to be examined by a doctor. Good luck
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Iam 39 years old not fifty yet should I go to emergency I took something for gas it was'nt gas It keep hurting off in on I don't know if its stress from working three jobs or a stroke
Yours are not the symptoms of a stroke. You are probably suffering from either an neurologic inflamation, like a disc protruding in the neck, or a vascular problem in the outflow vessels from the heart or just stress form overwork and lack of adequate rest. But your problems deserved to be addressed. I yopu don`t want to do the ER scene,then go to your GP now.