A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

I take 1 and half 10/325 hydrocodone every night for pain

Will taking 700 mg of aceteminophen a day hurt me long term?. I have been doing it for about 5 years. I take 1 and half 10/325 hydrocodone every night for pain.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 7 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. The maximum allowable for acetaminophen for adults is 1,000 mg per dose and 4,000 mg per day. It is best to avoid alcohol when taking it, and take the minimum that will work for you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So long term I should be ok?? I can continue to take this amount without a problem most likely?? LONG TERM ??

You should be fine taking this amount of acetaminophen long term. The hydrocodone is another matter and you will probably need more of it as time goes by to control your pain. Continual use builds tolerance and additional medication is needed to provide the same level of pain control.