Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice

527 mg/l and my and C reactive protein 6.2 mg/L both much too high

Customer Question

My Lp (a) is 527 mg/l and my and C reactive protein 6.2 mg/L both much too high. I'm 179 lbs down from 196 lbs. Blood was high for many years, just now getting it under control. Hate exercise because of anxiety problems. However have started walking around the track. One mile most days, goal is 5 miles. 2 in the morning and 3 after work. I'm 49, am I doomed to having a heart attack or stroke?
Category: Health
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 7 years ago.
Dear nannsadh,
Hello.The fact that your Lipoprotien A and C-reactive protiens are high does make you susceptible for cardiac problems.The change in lifestyle initiated by you in regular and proper exercise will go a long way to bring matters under control.I wonder what your Lipid Profile is like but I am sure addition of Statin and low dose aspirin,proper blood pressure and weight control,a healthier and greener diet,abstinence from alcohol and smoking will go a long way in normalising your problem.Regular exercise will reduce your anxiety too as exercise secretes natural antidepressants.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I dont smoke nor drink already., but I have too much stress. Husband unsupportive of diet and lifestyle change. He was diagnosed with diabetes so he took up smoking though he hasn't smoked in 20 yrs.

cholesterol 6.3 mmol/L

triglyceride .99
HDL 1.8

CHOL:HDL ratio 3.5
LDL cholesterol 4.05

my mom had a stroke at 57 while arguing with her husband. I'm 4 yrs. post meno, though only 49.

Is weight and diet the key? Does it really make a difference or is it the stress factor that is more important?
Stress plays a very important role in cardiovascular ailments.Exercise is a huge stress buster,as is prayer,meditation ,adequate sleep and restful and relaxing environment.I would sincerely XXXXX XXXXX you keep fit,happy and healthy.Drugs ,diet and exercise will definitely lead to a peaceful and incident free life.