Dr.Tiwari, Doctor.
Experience:  M.D.

I have a painless swollen lymph node that is 3 cm on the back

Customer Question

I have a painless swollen lymph node that is 3 cm on the back of my neck in the center. It has been there for at least 6 months and I do not have an infection. It is hard and unmovable. The only symptom I have is fatigue. What would cause a painless swollen lymph node in this area on my neck?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.Tiwari replied 7 years ago.
   Will you please answer me some questions-
1.What is your age?
2.Are you a smoker?
3.Is there any history of chronic disease like diabetes?
4.Is that is a single node or multiple in no.?
Please reply.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am 30 years old and I am not a smoker. I don't have a history of chronic diseases like diabetes. It is only a single node on the back of my neck. Sometimes I get a painful swollen lymph node under both of my arms near the pit, but they come and go.
Expert:  Dr.Tiwari replied 7 years ago.
If you are not having a infection & your lymph node is HARD & IMMOVABLE then this should be seriously sorted out.You should have a complete work out to search for the cause of your problem.A complete routine blood examination with MRI of the head & neck area will be helpful to search out the cause of painless hard lymph node.
Hope this will help you.