Alan Gibstein, M.D.
Alan Gibstein, M.D., Doctor
Experience:  Assistant Professor OB/GYN with 40 years of experience. Fellow of The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
12995549

I have been having burning under my left arm between armpit

Customer Question

I have been having burning under my left arm between armpit and elbow. It is warm burning feeling yesterday and today several times? Should I be concerned about it?
Category: Health
Expert:  Alan Gibstein, M.D. replied 7 years ago.
atiDear XXXXXtie 6761; the answer depends on several variables. What is your age? What is the family history of heart disease in your mother , father or older sibling? Besides the burning in your arm,.do you have any pain in the jaw, teeth,shoulder blades or any sensation of shortness of breath or sweating? If you are peri or postmenopausal, heart disease and possible angina must be considered and discussed with your Primary. If you are too young for that concern it is most probably just a musculo-skeletal strain from exericise, lifting or straining and of no concern. You can see what the response is to Motrin,etc. Good luck