Doctor G.
Doctor G., Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Internal Medicine / Cardiology / Endocrine questions

i get very cold at night and thirsty and I shake and ache all

i get very cold at night and thirsty and I shake and ache all over then when after about 3 to 5 hours,   then I get warm and very tired. but this don't happen every night just now and then. what is doing this and what is it?
Category: Health
Expert:  Doctor G. replied 7 years ago.
Your symptoms may be consistent blood sugar problems. Your body is releasing chemicals that are causing these shake and ache. You need to have your doctor check this.

I hope I’ve been able to shed a little light on this for you.
If you have further questions on this topic, please feel free to ask.

You should always consult with your physician for the proper diagnosis and treatment.
The above was for educational purposes only and does not confer a doctor-patient privilege or relationship.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i don't have blood sugar for it runs about 84. I also been to a doctor too about this. they really don't know either so you did give me much help at all, sorry
Expert:  Doctor G. replied 7 years ago.
You don't have to appologize, many doctors don't understand the physiological activity of sugar on the body. If you'd like, I can explain why this is almost certainly a blood sugar issue. Most likely low blood sugar. Unless your doctors specifically tested it at night and in the morning, during these episodes, there is no way they can say it is not a blood sugar issue.
If you would like more information on this issue, let me know. I will be more than happy to explain why this is so.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i went to ER when i has having one of these spells and they told me my blood sugar was good. They couldn't find nothing wrong, I have taken my blood sugar myself too at home and it is always good. should i take my blood sugar everyday??
Expert:  Doctor G. replied 7 years ago.
By the time these episodes occur the blood sugar balances out. What usually happens with these episodes is that your blood sugar may drop (at night when you are sleeping). Your body stops the insulin production via release of adrenalin. The adrenalin causes all the feelings you are describing. This takes minutes. By the time you start to feel these things your blood sugar has already normalized. These things are more apt to occur during times of stress or illness such as a cold. Taking your blood sugar everyday, unless you are having issues with diabetes, will not really help anything. The best thing to do would be to see an endocrinologist who will be able to help you more on this specific issue.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

thank you yes I will see endocrinologist as soon as I can for i can not take these spells anymore, I get so tired the next day and can not do much at all. It seems like I've been getting them more and more.

thank you

Expert:  Doctor G. replied 7 years ago.
no problem, good luck