Internist
Internist, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified in 2 Specialties, VERIFIED,American, trained and located in United States
13024878

I had herroroids for 2 weeks which are going away but I have

I had herroroids for 2 weeks which are going away but I have a red round slightly bumpy rash on one side of my bottom and a red rash about 3" around my anus. I t almost looks like diaper rash. It used to be very itchy but is no longer . i have tried prepartion h, and a aveno diaper rash cream but to no avail. I am a 51 year old female
Category: Health
Expert:  Internist replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

It may be possible that use you a medication or preparation for your hemorrhoids that you were allergic to and that has caused a rash. Also you may have had an irritation caused by stool. This can also represent an infection such as a fungus around the anal area. If this is the case you would need to have your doctor look at it and obtain a culture and prescribe appropriate local or systemic treatment. I would also suggest you use TUCKS which are medicated pads soaked in Witch Hazel which will take away some of the irritation and itching.

*****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for your information only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It is no longer itchy. It is a big flat regular skin red color look around my rectum..          anything that will alleviate that?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It is no longer itchy. It is a big flat regular skin red color look around my rectum.. anything that will alleviate that?
Expert:  Internist replied 7 years ago.
It still sounds like an irritation. Try cortisone cream or ointment 1% along with the TUCKS. If it an inflammation, it will improve. Can obtain without prescription.