Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.

my throat really hurts only on one side and has white lumps

Customer Question

my throat really hurts only on one side and has white lumps that are hard to the touch i poked one with a clean needle and i didnt feel it go in and it bled my neck and ear hurts and it is painful to swallow do i have throat cancer
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 7 years ago.

Hello and thanks for the question

It is doubtful that you have throat cancer, but an infection is highly likely. I would like to strongly urge you not to poke anything with a needle that you have at home. This creates a opportunistic situation for things like Staph and other bacteria to enter in and this is not good. Your ear and neck hurting is also consistant with an upper respiritory infection. Throat cancer would be more common in people who smoke or dip, have GERD, poor dental hygiene, excessive alcohol use, poor diet, and some sexually transmitted diseases such as HPV. If after you see your Dr for your throat, ear, and neck and are treated, if the symptoms persists for 2 additional weeks, I would say to tell your Dr to investigate further. While throat cancer cannot be ruled out on here, it is more likely that you something more along the lines of Strep, and maybe a common cold.

If my answer has provided you with some good insight today, please click "Accept" and I will received proper credit for my time and effort, otherwise, will hold your deposit. Before leaving feedback, please let me know if you need clarification or more info.

The info given is intended for educational purposes only. I give no medical advice and do not accept responsibility for the misuse of the information provided. If more info is needed please ask.