A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

28 year old woman, for years i have felt as though i might have ADD

i am a 28 year old woman, for years i have felt as though i might have ADD i find it difficult to pay attention to people for more then just a few minutes when they are talking, reading is hard unless ii am very interested in the subject i find that i procratinate until the last minute even on things that are important like my upcoming wedding in aug. i often end up feeling bad about myself like i am not living up to my full potential. i got depressed last year and a doctor put me on lexapro after 5 months i took myself off it it did not seem to help with the root of the problem who should i talk to about this
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 7 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. The specialist you need to see is a psychiatrist who can evaluate you for ADD/ADHD. There are a number of drugs for treatment if this is what you have. If it is some other problem, then the psychiatrist would be able to sort that out as well.